- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Altnews users.
- You may not use the altnews.com.au service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the altnews.com.au service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack altnews.com.au or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with altnews.com.au .
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Altnews members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Altnews, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your altnews.com.au account. While altnews.com.au prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Altnews cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the altnews.com.au service at your own risk.
Alternative News Network undertakes not to disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person but may disclose personally identifiable information in order to comply with a subpoena or court order or when we are required to do so by applicable law.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the altnews.com.au service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right, in accordance with any applicable laws, to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The Altnews service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on Altnews to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on altnews.com.au must provide a link back to Altnews.
- We reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names.
Copyright (What's Yours is Yours)
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Altnews service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- Altnews undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorised to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Altnews to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Alternative News Network, 20 Rambutan Close, Cairns QLD 4870, Australia. Contact the agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Australian Copyright Act 1968 and/or the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Last update 16 May 2009